The Lifetime 60001 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed is a great looking shed which can add a lot of functionality to your yard storage requirements. It is packed with features and one of the best things about it, is that it is an all weather and all seasons shed. Whatever you have stored in there will be drier than toast come rain, hail, snow or shine.
The Lifetime shed is manufactured in the U.S.A. and has two lots of windows on the front, two sets of double doors with one large window and 2 large skylights and 4 small skylights. The windows and skylights all provide additional illumination and light so you can do what you need to in there during the day. A shelving system is also included and you receive 1 x 90 inch shelf, 4 corner shelves and 2 pegboard strips with hardware for installation.
Other features which are popular with customers include powder coated steel A-frame roof trusses and an internal wall structure of steel-reinforced double polyethylene panels. High grade metal screws ensure that your shed is securely fastened during assembly. Two shatter proof windows open half way for increased ventilation during warmer weather and a peak screen vent cap offers even more airflow.
Some of this outdoor shed’s low maintenance features include UV-Protection to help prevent fading and cracking, weather resistant seams help keep the interior dry and a stain resistant finish for easy cleaning which will never need painting.
Features of the Lifetime 60001 Storage Shed
- Two sets of double doors for easy access to everything in the shed
- Two shatter proof windows that open for increased ventilation
- Two screened vents that provide airflow and keep pests out
- High arched, steel-reinforced doors offer a 4 foot wide by 6 feet high door opening
- Lockable doors with internal latching mechanism
- High-pitched roof support a-frame trusses provide 6 feet 8 inches of head room and the steep roof allows for quick drainage of rain and snow
- High density polyethylene floor included does not crack, chip or peel
- Slip resistant surface with beveled edge and is resistant to oil and stains
One of the most important things about assembling these types of sheds is that they need to be sited on a perfectly leveled site consisting of cement, wood, asphalt, gravel or a patio style surface. If you do not do this, the various components which you are joining together will not line up properly. Also, if the shed is assembled correctly in the first instance, it will last longer for you.
- Attractive addition to your yard
- Keeps your yard tools and equipment out of the weather so they last longer
Product Specifications Lifetime 60001
Product Dimensions: 96 x 32 x 34 inches
Shipping Weight: 564 pounds
Item model number: 60001
Warranty – 10 Year Limited Warranty
- Very attractive shed
- Excellent value for money
- Having the second door is a huge plus and makes the shed more versatile
- It has 2 skylights for natural light
- Lots of room for yard tools and pool equipment
- It would be good if the markings on the parts bags or instruction manual could be updated to accurately reference each other.
- Can be difficult for some to assemble.
User Ratings and Reviews
The customers that have left feedback for the Lifetime Storage Shed have rated it with excellent reviews, most customers gave it 4 and 5 stars. However, one customer who rated it very low wasn’t actually reviewing this particular shed. This review should be disregarded and note taken that the average rating would have been higher had this particular customer not left their very negative review on this shed in error. To read more about what customers had to say about the product, you can read the reviews here.
The Lifetime 60001 Storage Shed is available online and is usually priced at a discount off the list price. If you are eligible, it also comes with free shipping. To check for the most current price, you can find it here.
The Lifetime 60001 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed will be a functional yet attractive addition to your backyard and can store a variety of items through all seasons and weather. The low maintenance is a big plus, particularly if you live in an area which experiences warm, humid and wet weather. Aside from one who left a negative review for the wrong shed, feedback from customers is positive in terms of price, assembly, performance and quality. On this basis, the shed is recommended.